Saturday, January 21, 2012

Your Not Alone

"WHEN YOU SAW ONLY ONE SET OF FOOTPRINTS, IT WAS THEN THAT I CARRIED YOU"
Today my mother came to Logan to visit and look at apartments with me for next fall. We looked at a few apartments but none of them really felt right to me. The more we looked the more I began to realize that it wasn't the apartments that I wasn't liking, it was the feeling of having to start over again. Two of my roommates are moving to an apartment that I know isn't right for me at this time so I'm going off on my own once again. As we looked I felt lonely and quite scared. I began to think about my Heavenly Father and wondering why his plan for me was different than my own. I started to begin to wonder if he was listening to my prayers and if he knew what I wanted. But like so many times before when I begin to doubt and feel like he is not listening to me, the powerful, calm voice inside my head whispers to me and tells me that he is there and that he cares. I conveyed my feeling to my Mother who always has some wonderful words of advice to bring comfort.  I told her how I felt I was drawing away from my Father in Heaven, even though I was trying my hardest to grow closer to him. My mom pointed out the fact that just because we are doing the right things does not guarantee that we will be immediately rewarded, in reality most of the the time our blessings come much later. Heavenly Father has is own plan and we need to align our will with his and realize that we aren't alone, I am not alone and I am not the only one that has a plan for myself. In fact, I'm positive that Heavenly Father has a plan for me that can take me places I could never imagine without him. My Heavenly Father loves me, I am his daughter and he will watch over me. He does not leave us alone he will always be there all you must do to see him is simply bring your knees to the ground and I promise he will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment