Sunday, January 8, 2012

New Beginnings

Tomorrow I start over, I get a new beginning, a second chance. This past semester I discovered that I was definitely not meant to be a music major. It all started a year ago, all the applying for different colleges, auditioning, and waiting. On the inside I always believed that Utah State was where I was meant to be so there was no hesitation when I prayed and I received my answer. After Scholarship auditions for the music program I continued to pray and recieved the answer that I was suppose to be a music major. As the semester progressed I discovered I was miserable, I had never been so unhappy. I was lost wondering why Heavenly Father sent me to Utah State to be a music major when what resulted was a horrible semester full of struggles and barriers. The past few weeks I reflected upon everything I learned about myself and realized that Heavenly Father knew exactly what he was doing when he sent me here to be a music major. I learned lessons about life and about me that I couldn't have learned anywhere else. Tomorrow Heavenly Father is giving me a new beginning at Utah State, a chance to be true to who I am. Tomorrow is the day I begin my journey to become a nurse, my lifelong dream. I know Heavenly Father has put me on this path for a reason just like he has done so many times before. I know he is there for me and will always help me. Heavenly Father has given me hope for a fresh start. He gives us all hope to start clean, we must always remember that it is never to late to have a new beginning, a fresh start but one that we will still carry all our previous life lessons through. We go through adversity so we can carry everything we learn to a new place, a new beginning. Tomorrow is my new beginning, one that will not be faced alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment