Saturday, January 28, 2012

My Deepest Fear

Tonight was quite an interesting night full of ups and downs and in the end an amazing lesson to be learned. For quite a while I have felt insecure because of my looks and my weight. Tonight those fears and feelings of being insecure rose to the surface once again. I have always tried to work hard, be a kind person, and do the will of my Heavenly Father but so often people do not see that in me, they only see my physical appearance and then dont bother looking down past the surface. Once again I was passed over, I was hurt and I felt like no one understood me. I wondered why..  Why I had prayed for help to lose weight and become beautiful with no answer. Why was it that Heavenly Father would not help me with this one thing I have wanted so much. I have worked for it and have tried so hard to change but it seemed as though all my prayers and pleadings were going unanswered then these words came to my mind and it was as though Heavenly Father had put these words straight into my very soul...
 "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
I am a child of my Heavenly Father and I am exactly who he wants me to be. He made me this way for some reason I do not know, but do I need to know? No. I am a brilliant, gorgeous, and talented daughter of God. I will no longer shrink, I will stand and shine because I am who I am meant to be, and being me is wonderful. My deepest fear is no longer that  I am inadequate... My deepest fear is that I am powerful beyond measure. Heavenly Father has many lessons for each of us to learn daily. He truly does LOVE us and does what is best. He knows the power we have the potential of yielding. He puts us in places where we can grow and become future rulers in his kindgom. He knows that we are powerful beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment